Labels

Pixel Gypsy Followers

Published In:

  • Scrap Street Magazine (Jul '10) x3
  • The Daily Scrapper (Aug '09 #14)
  • Digital Artist Magazine (Aug '09)
  • Scrap Street Magazine (Jan '09)

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Weekly Roundup 6/28 – 7/4

The kittens made the big move to “the rest of the house” this week. They’re out and bouncing around the whole area, finally being allowed beyond the family room. Jasmine is still not a fan of the kittens and there has been some posturing, but for the most part she’s tolerating them. At this point, I don’t know if she’ll ever become friendly with them, but I think she’s realizing that they are here to stay and this wasn’t just some sort of ridiculous practical joke on our part. Ajax is interested in the kittens. The kittens don’t like him. hehe Naturally, any face time with them has been highly supervised. I don’t think he’d ever try to hurt them, but they run and he has a pretty strong chase instinct and one paw could take a kitten out easily. For the record, Jasmine isn’t friendly with him either—she often takes a high position on a counter while he sits there, tail wagging, trying to make friends and she beats the hell out of his face with her paws.

Otherwise, last week was pretty low key. I did a little shopping and got some good deals on clothes for both Scott and I. I was also in the market for a cute camera bag for some upcoming trips. I combed Etsy and a few other places and found some really cute ones, but the big problem with them was that they are made to order and I wouldn’t have been able to get one in time. So, I went with another option. My current camera bag is actually a Cannon backpack, which is fantastic for hauling around a lot of equipment, but not so great for carrying around while sight-seeing on vacation. I don’t need to tote around every piece of camera equipment I own, just my camera and an extra lens or two. I was looking for something that didn’t scream “I’m a camera bag” and that was big enough for me to throw in my essential purse contents as well. What I ended up going with is a really cute and roomy handbag with a middle zipper pocket that I can put the removable padding from my Cannon backpack in and tuck my camera and an extra lens in. I think it’s going to work out real nicely.

I finally finished reading Dead Until Dark. I was underwhelmed to say the least, being that many of my friends really enjoy the Sookie Stackhouse books and am hoping that as I get further into the series, the books get better (at least for my reading tastes). At this point I’m trying to decide if I should switch gears and move to another book on my list and come back to book 2, or if I’d be better off just plowing through all of them back-to-back. I’m kind of afraid that I’ll pick up something else and it will be fabulous and inadvertently ruin my next “Sookie experience” even more. I’m still pondering my options. ;)

For the 4th of July we stuck close to home being that we have a little family excursion to the Mall of America coming up. We did have the opportunity to go north to the family property, but it was hot and certain people I know would have been miserable without AC. ;)

Well, that rounds out my week. Like I said, pretty low key. Next week I should be back with some pictures from our MoA trip. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

author
Sherrie Piegdon
Lover of all things artsy, crafty, geeky and witty. Dreams of some day becoming a real-deal vagabond and traveling the world with her husband with no real plan or schedule.