Labels

Pixel Gypsy Followers

Published In:

  • Scrap Street Magazine (Jul '10) x3
  • The Daily Scrapper (Aug '09 #14)
  • Digital Artist Magazine (Aug '09)
  • Scrap Street Magazine (Jan '09)

Monday, June 28, 2010

Weekly Round Up 6/21 – 6/27

Wow, last week flew by fast! Madison was barely home and she was off again. Aunt Lisa came and picked her up on Wednesday while she was in town and Scott, Nicholas and I picked her up from Lisa’s last night.

I had the laborious task of combing through CT applications and making a decision of who to bring on my team. That’s certainly not easy when you only have so many spots and get so many great apps! I finally narrowed it down, but it was a tough task. The ladies are getting comfy on the team now and I’m enjoying seeing their first work for the team and getting to know them better. :)

Our elliptical came on Saturday. That was a huge box and I’m thankful that the delivery guys carried it down to the family room for us. I wouldn’t have wanted to be a part of hauling it down the hallway and figuring out how to get that box safely down that narrow turn. Scott put it together with a little help from me. My help consisted mainly of holding this or that or handing him this tool or that tool. I’ll admit that by the time it rolled around to him screwing on all of the plastic covering pieces, I lost interest and plopped down to play a game on the xbox.

We enjoyed a quiet weekend and downloaded some fun games for the xbox Saturday night. There are many classic “family” games available for download in the market place and we grabbed Yahtzee!, Battleship and Jenga. Jenga was surprisingly fun and tense! The game developers did a good job of re-creating the feeling of a classic game of Jenga by making it so you have to use one of the controller thumb sticks to actually pull the piece from the tower. Depending on your choice and the state of the tower when it’s your turn, the whole tower may start to sway and wobble while you’re freeing your piece. Scott and I laughed a whole lot through several rounds and I was mighty impressed that a download that equals out to be a couple of buck’s worth of points provided so much entertainment.

This week brings some work for me, plus some planning activities. We’re hoping to get out of the house and visit a few places this summer, a couple which involve the whole family and one hopeful trip that may just be for Scott and I. :)

See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

author
Sherrie Piegdon
Lover of all things artsy, crafty, geeky and witty. Dreams of some day becoming a real-deal vagabond and traveling the world with her husband with no real plan or schedule.