Labels

Pixel Gypsy Followers

Published In:

  • Scrap Street Magazine (Jul '10) x3
  • The Daily Scrapper (Aug '09 #14)
  • Digital Artist Magazine (Aug '09)
  • Scrap Street Magazine (Jan '09)

Monday, June 21, 2010

Quick Round Up

I’m doing a quick round up of the last two weeks. Maybe I should try to do these weekly. Yeah, we’ll see how that goes. :p

I finally got my new store all set up and opened on the 10th. I’m really happy to be there, and quite frankly, relieved to be selling again with someone else taking the brunt of the administrative work (therefore Nicole at TDC has quickly moved right to the top of my favorite people list. lol).

Scott and I ordered the sectional for downstairs in the family room. I’m really looking forward to being able to watch a movie without my butt falling asleep. Yep, the futon that is down there is really that uncomfortable. It’s supposed to be about 4 weeks until that comes in. I believe it’s going to be the longest month of my life. At this point, every time I’m down there I’m dreaming of comfortable seating.

Nicholas finished up school on the 10th. We’re now in that awful transition period that results from a major change in his routine. I’m pretty sure he’ll get adjusted to the summer routine right about the time his summer program starts and we can start the readjustment cycle all over again. :p

Madison got out of school a day early so that she and Nicholas could spend a few days with my parents. What a great way to start summer vacation—and not just for the kiddos either! Poor Madison got a wicked sunburn on her back from spending 2 days at the lake. It’s still red, but getting better. There is much less whining and “ouch”ing when I rub lotion on her back now. Nicholas browned up like a little bean. Though his winter complexion is very pale, he’s been blessed with Scott’s tanning genes which means no sunburns and great color when exposed to even the smallest amounts of sunlight. I’m thoroughly jealous.

After 14 years of saying that I wanted a tattoo on my foot, I finally got it done.


This was my fifth time under the tattoo needle, but took me the longest to work up the courage for because I have bony, veiny feet and I was just flat out scared that it was going to hurt like a SOB. There were a couple of spots that were pretty sensitive, but all-in-all it was not nearly as bad as I had expected—especially after hearing that hands and feet are two of the highest ranking locations with regard to pain factor. I would do it again in a heartbeat—if that’s any indication of how “not bad” it really was. The 2 days post-tattoo were a bit unexpected. I’ve never had my skin swell afterward, but boy did it this time. I had one rather sausage-looking foot. It was also pretty sore—kind of like someone had stomped on the middle of my foot. I’m still glad I did it. For once in my life, I enjoy looking at my feet now. ;)

Last weekend Scott said something to me that I never, ever thought he’d say: let’s get kittens. *thud* I’ve been dying to add a kitten to the family for a couple of years now, but I could never convince Scott to go for it. Then he went into a place that sells rescued animals and saw the kittens. That was all it took. (If I’d have known this, I’d have dragged him into that place or the humane society sooner!) So we came home with these two, tiny, adorable faces:


Meet Stash & Leanan.
This is Stash:

This little guy barely sits still long enough to take a picture of him! He’s proving to be the sociable lover. When he’s not dashing around, playing like a little mad man, he’s getting pets and cuddles. He’s also very vocal. Lots of little meows out of this little guy.

This is Leanan:

She’s more reserved than Stash. He thinks everyone is instantly his friend. She has to make sure you’re not some sort of maniac kitty-napper before she’ll get within petting range. Once she warms up to you she’s super sweet. She also needs to know where Stash is at all times. I think he gives her courage. :)

Jasmine, our older cat, is not yet too thrilled with the new additions to the household. I don’t think she thinks they’re quite as cute as we do. ;)

And, finally, we ordered an elliptical today. It should come some time between next Friday and Monday. I’m excited to get it and start a regular workout routine again.

Until next time…

2 comments:

  1. What cute kittens! So glad you ordered a new sectional! Now your butt only has to hurt for one more month, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kittens are adorable, and congrats on the new sectional I hope it gets there sooner than expected!

    When will you be posting your CT announcement?

    ReplyDelete

author
Sherrie Piegdon
Lover of all things artsy, crafty, geeky and witty. Dreams of some day becoming a real-deal vagabond and traveling the world with her husband with no real plan or schedule.